a colleague has found a way to access characters
that require multiple key combos or are otherwise
not accessible in the shape designer (or
elsewhere in the programme).  for example, using
the US keyboard layout to get é you type "opt-e"
then "e" -- this does not work in shape designer.

on mac you to do this using the Unicode Hex Input
keyboard layout (add it to the keyboard list
appearing in your language menu).

press and hold option, then on the numpad type
"00" and the hex index, then release the option
key and the character appears.  some characters
don't seem to work, sometimes possibly a conflict
with an iKeys script, but my colleague also had
trouble accessing some characters on windows.

for example, 00DF works (ß, Latin small letter
sharp s - ess-zed), but 00FD doesn't work for me
(Latin small letter y with acute).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unicode_input#Hexadecimal_code_input
http://www.ascii-code.com

any hex code keeners here that could help out? :-)

--

NEW RELEASE!!! neueweise -- fonts for new music and traditional notation
http://newmusicnotation.com/fonts

shirling & neueweise | http://newmusicnotation.com
new music notation  +  translation  +  arts management
[FB] http://facebook.com/neueweise  |  [TW] http://twitter.com/neueweise