Hi Jim,

I feel your pain.  So much so that I went online, seeming to remember I had
once dl’d the Finale 2012 menu myself for offline viewing.  Alas, I couldn’t
find any link.  But I did find this which may be of some assistance for you:

Note. You are not required to go online to view the Finale User Manual. To use
the version installed to your hard drive, choose Finale 2012 > Preferences >
Preferences and select Folders. Uncheck Use Online Help if Available and click
OK. The local version does not include all interactive Flash content.

HTH.

J D Thomas
ThomaStudios