Could it be that the violin patch on that staff is not the KS type (keyswitch)
which responds to HP commands like “pizz”? Check it in the Score Manager, and
load the correct one if necessary.

I have heard (though not experienced) that sometimes the pizz marking does not
register because it was accidentally attached to the wrong staff, or that it is
attached AFTER the first note, or too close to it. This last one was resolved
by putting the pizz mark on beat 1, while the first pizz note was beat 2. I
don’t know why that would be an issue, but I am just reporting what I heard.

Christopher