Does anyone have an efficient way of making non-aligned or independent
repeat marks? For example, in a piece with two lines, each has a
four-measure repeating section, but the second line's repeats begin and
end one half measure later.

The solution for my immediate case does not have to be playable (but I can
well imagine other cases where playback would be useful), so a purely
graphic kludge is okay if no easier alternatives are available.

(Yes, I know there is a perfectly good alternative notation in which the
repeat marks are aligned and whatever falls in the first half-measure of
the second line is put in parentheses, to be only played on the repeat,
but that is not what the composer wants here.)

Daniel Wolf
composer
Frankfurt

---