Back in the day, many of the west cost composers would scratch out measures
they were not happy with, and continue on, leaving those measure numbers out.
They would, then, give the scores to the studio copyists. The copyists, working
very fast, would just leave the numbers out and continue on, with what they
saw. I am creating a score from these beautifully hand copied parts and what
the score to reflect the numbers as they are on them.

I'm using Finale 2014d on a PC. My jazz band score starts with a quarter note
rest pick up. The bar numbers should be from 1 to 317, not counting the pick up
bar. Finale counts the quarter note rest as a bar but does not number it. The
numbers start with the first full bar, as number 2. I can change it in the
Measure Number dialog box, to start with the first full measure as number 1,
but it ignores it and starts with number 2. My friend tried it with his Mac
Finale 2014.5 and has the same problem.

The hand written parts start on the first full bar and are numbered from 1 to
118, 121 to 317 omitting bars 119 & 120  When numbers are added to the score in
Finale they run consecutively from 1 to 317. How do I delete bar numbers 119 &
120 and start with 121 after bar 118 so the Finale score will match the
handwritten parts? If it can be done my score bar numbers will go 1-118, 121
-317. Any help out there on this matter?

Thanks in advanced,

Joel Sears