That's funny - I use Speedy also, but I select the value on the QWERTY, then
press the pitch on the midi. Maybe you're not using a midi keyboard? So for
me, it's note value first, then pitch. However, "pitch first" is great for
banjos!

I've gotten to be pretty adept at using 2 keyboards. I also have several
templates set up for different projects. The main ones are jazz/funk band
arrangements (2-5 horns + rhythm), jazz solo transcriptions, and a legit
template.

Linked parts has been a huge time-saver for me - so much better for my
purposes than part extraction.

There are no plug-ins for entering notes that I'm aware of, but there are
number which are very useful once you've entered notes. I seem to use the JW
Plugins every session.

GizB
Richmond VA