So, eventually, after tediously trying multiple installs, I finally managed to
manually locate and remove all Garritan and Plogue files from my computer. I
had had already tried Library/Application Support, ~/Library/Application
Support, and ~/Library/Preferences, but it turns out there are also files in
Library/Audio that need to be removed to get a clean reinstall. (ARIA really
needs to come with an uninstaller.)

I also had to remove all sample files.

After that, doing a complete reinstall in the following order worked:

GPO4
JABB3
Finale 2014.5 (Garritan Instruments and ARIA player)
ARIA Player v1.872

An absolute nightmare that took untold hours, but at least I’ve got the GPO and
JABB instruments back.

In future, it would be nice to know if there were a less brute-force method.

Cheers,

– DJA
-----
http://www.secretsocietymusic.org