I think that Nick is saying that the phantom treble clef is showing at
the beginning of the measure where the bass clef is placed in the middle
-- in other words it's showing up unnecessarily because the music is
already in treble clef before the bass clef.  He's not asking about a
treble clef showing up following the mid-measure bass clef.

I just tried an experiment and placed a mid-measure change to bass clef
and no phantom treble clef appeared at the start of that measure.

David H. Bailey

On 7/14/2016 3:14 PM, j...@thomastudios.com wrote:
> You said you wanted a mid-measure bass clef for one measure, right?
> Then Finale restating the treble clef at the next measure is as
> designed.  Am I missing something?  If you get rid of it, the next
> measure continues in bass clef.  Isn’t that what you wanted?
>
> *************************** J D Thomas ThomaStudios
>

>> On Jul 14, 2016, at 12:00 PM, Nick Raspa <nj...@me.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I am working on a piano/voice score.  I am in the treble clef and I
>> want a mid-measure clef change to the bass clef for just one
>> measure.  I create the mid-measure bass clef and that clef appears
>> to work just as it should.  However, a phantom treble clef appears
>> at the beginning of that measure and I can’t figure out 1) why it
>> is being created and 2) how to get rid of it.  It is the same size
>> as the mid-measure clef and doesn’t have a handle to grab.  I’ve
>> tried changing the measure attributes to hide cautionary clefs, but
>> that doesn’t work.  I am working in FinMac 2014.5 (same thing was
>> happening in 2014 before I upgraded).

>> To unsubscribe from finale send a message to:
>> finale-unsubscr...@shsu.edu

David H. Bailey
dhbai...@davidbaileymusicstudio.com
http://www.davidbaileymusicstudio.com