I’m beginning to think the problem is with my MIDI synthesizer and not Finale.
Even with Finale closed, when I press any note on my synth, I get the mallet
sound after I release the note on the synth keyboard. Any clue what might be
causing my synth to do this, and how I can stop it from happening?

Thanks.
Martin