Greetings, Craig, and anyone else using the full version SmartScore X2 Pro on a
Mac.

After reading that Craig was using SmartScore Pro I immediately purchased the
upgrade from the SmartScore Lite 8.1.1 that is part of our Finale 2014 for Mac
because scanning has been removed from all future versions.

The initial installation went well. Then, when I got to the activation panel,
"Guitar Version" was already preselected and I could not move the drop-down to
indicate that I had purchased and installed the Professional version. When I
contacted Musitek, I was told that I had either installed the Guitar version
previously or I had accidentally installed the Guitar version this time. They
told me to remove ALL versions of SmartScore from my Mac and try the
installation again.

I replied that I did not know how to remove SmartScore Lite 8.1.1 without also
removing Finale 2014 and I certainly did not want to do that. I asked for
instructions on how to do that, but I have not heard anything else from Musitek.

Fortunately, I had just done a SuperDuper backup prior to the installation, so
I simply did a restore to effectively remove/uninstall my new SmartScore X2 Pro
for Mac.

Craig and others: did you have a similar problem? Were you required to remove
the SmartScore Lite from Finale? If so, how did you do that?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Thurletta Brown-Gavins