On Thu, 8 Sep 2016 09:34:09 +0200, Giovanni Andreani
<l...@giovanniandreani.com> wrote:
> Hello list members, I've been away for a while due to personal reasons
> and now back again. I read a quote apparently from Virginia Woolf and
> would like to know the source it eventually comes from. The quote is:
> "Now this is very profound, what rhythm is, and goes far deeper than
> words. A sight, an emotion, creates this wave in the mind, long before
> it makes words to fit it..."
A Google search on <Woolf "wave in the mind"> found this on the Barnes
and Noble site:
The name of the book, THE WAVE IN THE MIND, refers to an explanation of
style that Virginia Woolf once wrote in a letter.
The name of the book, THE WAVE IN THE MIND, refers to an explanation of
style that Virginia Woolf once wrote in a letter.

"The name of the book [by Ursula Leguin], THE WAVE IN THE MIND,refers to
the explanation of style that Virginia Woolf once wrote in a letter."

Another hit tells us that the letter was to Vita Sackville-West, friend,
lover and fellow novelist, who was the inspiration for Woolf's "Orlando.

Ken Moore