You could change the part size to 11x17, but something I do all the time with
my student music which is still 8 ½ x 11 since the younger ones tend to lose
one page.  What I do is to change the paper size only to 11 x 17, landscape
orientation, and then print 2-up from the print dialog.  You then send it to
PDF instead of actually printing.  I use Acrobat 9 Pro to open it and then
change the page setup again to 11 x 17, landscape.  Print.  Works fine on my
system, Finale 2014.5, macOS 10.10 Yosemite.  Depending on your system, YMMV.

J D Thomas
ThomaStudios