Thanks, Giovanni,

I found the place where there was an incorrect setting.  There are two places
under Audio/MIDI device setup where you can choose the output, in the Macs OS
set up, and in Finale’s Device/ Audio Setup.  I had missed the Finale setting
that had become reset by the OS upgrade (and was never set correctly in v25).
Now all is well.  Just one of those things that needs to be set correctly in
two places instead of one.

Chuck

> On Sep 26, 2016, at 11:47 PM, Giovanni Andreani <l...@giovanniandreani.com>
> wrote:
>
> I found that some file's settings where changed after installing Finale's
> 2014.5 (couldn't say for the very last version); in a couple of cases I
> realised changes under the MIDI/AUDIO menu where 'Play Finale Through Audio
> Units' was switched to 'Play Finale Through MIDI' and vice versa. By
> re-fiddling with these and other settings under the MIDI/Audio menu I was
> able to regain the playback functions.
>
> Giovanni
>
> --------
>
> Giovanni Andreani