I use CreateBooklet. It puts itself in the Mac print dialog as one of the
choices in the pdf dropdown menu. I open a set of pdfs in Preview, choose
target paper size, select “create booklet” from the pdf dropdown menu, and a
new document opens in Preview.

I usually create my Finale files as 9x12. So the margins I set in my file
transpose perfectly to 12x18 paper.

You can find the latest version in the app store for $10. You can find version
1.1 out there for free.

David Froom