Wow, I didn’t realize this until I saw your message.  I tried it and you are
correct, a double barline does remove an auto word extension.  I had to
recreate the extension line manually.  And if the extension spans two systems,
and you manually created the extension, it will span the systems.

The current version of TGTools, 2.80beta3 doesn’t create one either.

I’m sorry I don’t have anything better.

J D Thomas
ThomaStudios