As to your points.

>new notation

Not really a con, since that's the whole point.

>is not intuitive and needs to be explained,

Maybe, but only once at most.

> does not show conductor subdivisions

That's easy enough to show in parts that aren't sustaining. If all the
parts are sustaining, it's not an issue. I don't see a problem here. On the
contrary, I think showing the subdivision in only the parts that are moving
is clearer for the conductor.

>-unique context, can't be extended

It certainly can be extended, but it probably would be wise to do so before
the base 5/4 case (hypothetically) were fully to be accepted as standard
practice. New notation conventions don't have to happen (nor have they
happened) all at once. I'd be curious to know how much time elapsed between
the introduction of one augmentation dot vs. multiple. (My notation history
training has receded too far into the past!)

As I've said all along, ymmv. No one's going to force you to use it. I'd be
open to other ideas for filling a 5/4 bar with a single note value, but so
far I haven't seen one I prefer to this one.