On 1/5/2017 6:24 AM, Giovanni Andreani wrote:
> Thank you David,
>
> Just turned the "check update" function off

I'm happy to help.

I think it's a horrible thing for software companies to do that -- tell
us there's an upgrade to our current version available when actually
they want us to buy a completely new version.  I've got another piece of
software which keeps telling me the same thing, only it says "Important
update for your current version."  No, it's not an update of the current
version, it's a brand new version which will cost me money to get.  Sleazy!

It's telling that "the new version is 2014.5 2500.0.0.7722" -- that
tells me that even the folks at rocky-mountain-high-exercise-company (or
whatever the name of the current owner of Finale is) consider this new
version to be simply an extension of 2014.5 and not the totally new
version they advertised it as.

Why can't software companies be more honest with their users?

--
*****
David H. Bailey