Hi Lawrence,

This probably has something to do with the way the new Finale handles note
entry at concert pitch instead of transposed pitch.  For instance, bass violin
notes now enter at their real pitches but get written an octave higher.  Kind
of confusing, but there are ways to set preferences that control this, and
there are options.  I had the same experience at first, and I’m not sure what I
did to control it - away from Finale at the moment.  Maybe you will get better
guidance from others.

Chuck

> On Apr 10, 2017, at 1:20 PM, Lawrence Yates <yateslawre...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I've just bought Finale 25 Windows.
>
> I've had a couple of passages somehow being transposed up an octave without
> any input from me.  Fortunately I've spotted them so far but this could be
> disastrous should I miss them.
>
> Is this a known fault or am I doing something stupid?  (Never had this
> problem in any other version of Finale).  The current problem was in a
> bassoon part which I entered correctly.  When I changed to look at the
> score in scroll view it was transposed up the octave.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Lawrence
>
> --
> Lawrenceyates.co.uk