No experience with Sibelius, but I find my method (much the same as
Christopher’s) pretty damn quick. It takes me far longer to think of what I
want than to enter it in Finale, but maybe I’m a slow thinker.

I also have keyboard shortcuts to toggle between coping everything and copying
only chords, and that is invaluable.

> On May 7, 2017, at 12:41 PM, Martin Nickless <mnnickl...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Thanks
> Shame finale can't be like Sibelius when it comes to entering changes quickly
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
>> On 7 May 2017, at 20:34, Christopher Smith <christopher.sm...@videotron.ca>
>> wrote:
>>
>> I write a lot of jazz, and I never was able to get that to work properly. I
>> would have to play the chord in the exact same voicing every time for it to
>> work, and it’s hard to remember (and finger!) all those extensions. Plus,
>> there are always chords that I don’t use very often and would have to stop
>> and figure out a never-before-played voicing for them. I only have five
>> fingers! Your method works okay up to 7th chords.
>>
>> I generally type into score. When I have a chord suffix with stacked
>> extensions, I have a Postit on my monitor with all my most-used suffixes and
>> their numbers. Say 7(#11b13) is suffix number 103, then I type C:103 and get
>> the proper suffix on a C. If I ever forget (or don’t know) a suffix number,
>> I type C:0 (zero) and the suffix selector box pops up, where I choose my
>> suffix. The suffix number is right there in the niche.
>>
>> Christopher
>>

>>> On May 7, 2017, at 3:27 PM, Martin Nickless <mnnickl...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi there was wondering if anybody that predominately writes big-band charts
>>> Do they enter the changes by playing the cord on a midi keyboard ?
>>> May I ask if they have built up a library of the complex chords e.g. flat
>>> 13 sharp 11s etc
>>> Thanks
>>>
>>> Sent from my iPhone

Chuck Israels