My Mass Copy plugin copies Lyric *Assignments* when copying within the same
document. That means the underlying Lyric Text remains unchanged. If you
copy using my plugin, changing the text in the Lyrics Window will change it
everywhere you have copied it with Mass Copy.

I don't believe I have ever tried modifying with Type Into Score after
copying, so I can't say what happens there. If Finale does not make a copy
of the syllable, then it will change everywhere you've copied it. This
seems likely to me. But Finale may make a copy. I just don't know.