With the Staff Tool, select ALL (cmd-A on mac, ctrl-A on PC) before you select
Show Staff Styles in Score And Parts. That command only applies to the
selection.

You should also complain bitterly to MakeMusic about this. This bug has been
there ever since linked parts have been there, which is TEN YEARS now!

Christopher