Hello fellow Finale users,

I'm using (i.e. still struggling intermittently with) Finale 2014.

I've just been preparing a revised Questionnaire in Finale for new members
of my adult learners' orchestra.

After 2 pages of assorted text I want to insert a short length of staff
with a clef, or possibly of them in different places, for people to fill in
their possible playing ranges, but so far have failed to do so.

I've clicked "new blank staves" in the Staff tool.

A little window opens saying:
Number of Staves 1 (can be changed, but I've left it as 1)
Topline to Topline Distance 1 (haven't worked out what that means but have
tried it as1 and as 0)
OK / Cancel / Help

If I click OK, nothing happens.

Helpful hints would be very welcome. :)