yeah they are definitely AI.  i opened them in graphic converter but there was
only one layer containing both the finale output and the drawn-over grphics.
had i known what i know now :-) i could have saved only the graphics as
separate files and might have been be able to work with those.

thanks, i'll send you a file to see if anything can be done.
jef

--

neueweise -- fonts for new music and traditional notation
http://newmusicnotation.com/fonts

shirling & neueweise | http://newmusicnotation.com
new music notation + translation + arts management
[FB] http://facebook.com/neueweise | [TW] http://twitter.com/neueweise