Good catch by Thomas! I'm not sure if this is the OP's issue, but Finale
does work that way, which is odd.

And I'm with David -- I have never selected a minor key in the key
signature box, since there didn't seem to be a point. I wonder if the
benefit there is supposed to come into play if you change the key signature
of existing music in order to transpose to a different key -- so you could
(theoretically) transpose from a major to a minor key.

Aaron.