One possible view on this would be to attempt to provide a chord symbol that
starts to approach a specific voicing, which a polychord attempts to achieve.
Kind of like writing Bb/G instead of Gm7.  This tries to have a triad over an
alternate bass note instead of some hooved-animal player mashing down a 4-part
voicing that might not be what is intended.  It’s not a cure-all, and a tad
anal, but it does attempt to go in a specific direction, IYKWIM.  I have done
this on rare occasions in the past and it’s a small bit of insurance if you
don’t know your players.

Writing Ab13(b9)/C leaves the player to muck things up dramatically since it’s
a somewhat complicated chord symbol with lots of voicing possibilities.

Just my 2¢

J D Thomas
ThomaStudios