Finale V. 25, Mac High Sierra

I need to create a text block with the instrumentation, and I can’t get the
flat symbol to appear, as in “Trumpet in Bb". Cmd-sh-F is supposed to do it,
but no go, it gives me a lower case b. Copying and pasting from another place
in the file also gives me a lower-case b. Is this a bug in FinMac V.25? Any
tactics? My font is Times New Roman, the one that came pre-installed on almost
every computer I’ve owned.

The document is one sent to me from another user, if that makes a difference.

Christopher