On Tue Aug 21 09:27:02 CDT 2018, Lawrence David Eden wrote:
I have a question regarding my Brother laser printer.  It was a low end model
HL-L2315DW <https://www.brother-usa.com/products/HLL2315DW>
The printer used to handle two sided copying with ease, but now I get a paper
jam every time the first sheet is pulled back into the printer.

I am sure that I am not the first to experience this annoyance and am looking
forward to a suggestion as to how to fix.

Thanks,
Larry
It sounds like there is a piece of paper stuck in the printer.  Not necessarily an entire 8.5x11 piece, as a small fragment can cause this to happen.  Usually it's just a matter of taking out the cartridges and opening it up until you find it.  If not, you may need to contact a computer repair tech to get it out.  But every time I've come across this situation, if I looked hard enough, I'd find the errant paper without needing a professional to disassemble it.

--Bill