On Fri, 26 Apr 2002, Jason Busby wrote:

> OK after a bit of experimentation and reading the man pages for curl,
> I've discovered curl will work if I pass it the proxy settings on the
> command line:
>
> curl -x proxy.student.otago.ac.nz:3128 -U busja680:password http://URL
>
> I've tried it using all the commands used by fink selfupdate, and it
> works.
>
> The problem is that fink doesn't pass it proxy commands directly to
> curl.  For some reason, my username is getting mixed up with the proxy
> address.  I guess this is because you put them together in fink
> configure, but curl wants them seperate.
>
> But it says in the documentation you can just put them in the fink.conf
> file and it'll work.
>
> Anyone got any idea what I can do to fix this?

I don't use a proxy server, so I can't really help much with this. Maybe
someone else that has gotten this working can explain what they had to do?

--
Chris Devers                                [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Apache / mod_perl / http://homepage.mac.com/chdevers/resume/

"More war soon. You know how it is."    -- mnftiu.cc