On vendredi, avril 26, 2002, at 06:26 , Eric Dufour wrote:

> one of my MAIN update PROBLEMS is TOO LONG NAMES that appears
> truncated in "fink list". Since the fink update seems to refuse
> wildcards in my hands (no *, no ?) I cannot update these files
> with long names.
> Is there a way to force wildcards or to have full filenames ?

Since you can only update packages whose descriptions you have on
your hard disk, you can look there for the full file name:

   find /sw/fink/dists -name \*ness\*

Note that you won't see the *-shlibs files like this, because their
description hides in a file without the "-shlibs".

Another possibility is the less known "--width" parameter for "fink
list":

   fink list --width=120 ness

--
Martin