Hi -

  I'm having trouble using ssh and running X applications on a remote
machine.  I have looked through the mailing-lists, downloaded openssh from
fink, and set the recommended flags in ssh_config and sshd_config for
running X apps.  Indeed, I can successfully run some programs such as
xemacs, xfig and xmaple on the remote machine.  But when I try to run xv
an Xwindow pops up, but instead of the usual picture of the fish, I get a
blank green screen.  At this point I cannot do anything in the xterm
window which I used to ssh to the remote machine, it just hangs, and I
have to kill the session.  I also have trouble running matlab, here I
never even get a window popping up, the xterm just hangs.

  Any suggestions as to what might be wrong?  Thanks.
  (btw, overall I'm really impressed with how easy it was to get so much
out of fink with so little frustration.  It did take time, but most things
seem to work well.)

djp