I was trying to install gimp and one of the packages it depends on is
giflib.  I got the following error:

curl -f -L -s -S -O ftp://prtr-13.ucsc.edu/pub/libungif/giflib-4.1.0.tar.gz
curl: (9) Couldn't change to directory pub/libungif
### curl failed, exit code 9
Downloading the file "giflib-4.1.0.tar.gz" failed.

It looks like there is some sort of problem with the ftp server
and/or directory.  Is there some way to bypass this site?  Can we
download from another site?

  - Jeff -
--
<Jeff Shepherd>
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>            Today I feel like the only fire hydrant at dog park