Title: bzip interrupted; continue fink install?
Hello. I'm just knowledgeable enough to know I'm dangerously ignorant. Please help me complete my fink install.

I was following directions and installing fink from source code. I'd, er, untarred (?) the tarball and run the bootstrap script. It was telling me about the files it was downloading using curl. It failed to download the following file (I'm including the url):
ftp://sources.redhat.com/pub/bzip2/v102/bzip2-1.0.2.tar.gz
.

Okay, so I'm downloading that file now using a browser. Please tell me if the following actions will result in success:
1) download said bzip tarball
2) read man curl until I know exactly what the bootstrap script was trying to do.
3) manually do /that/ to the tarball so (hopefully) the bzip files end up in the right place with respect to the fink-0.4.0a-full directory
4) restart the bootstrap.sh script and let it continue

I'd try it now, but it's /way/ past bedtime for me. :-S

Also, please tell me proper verb for decompressing tarball.

TIA,
complex