Hello,

I have just installed fink on my imac (700Mhz 384Meg Ram).  The
interface looks clean and sharp.  While trying to install, I went though
compile nightmare--12 hours of watching the compiling process.  At one
point, I started to imagine that the make files had my system working in
a infinite loop.

I  can get the GUI applications to run if I run them though the terminal
( terminal is the only application that runs using the panel ).  From
the terminal,  I was able to get Midnight Commander to work.  Also, I
can click on the icons in Midnight Commander and launch the GUI
applications.  But, panel buttons or icons do not work.

Any suggestion on how I to get the panels working would be great.

Thanks for any help