I haven't installed a full-blown Gnome desktop in Fink, but I believe
there is a "convenience" package for situations like this.  You should be
able to execute "apt-get install bundle-gnome" from a Terminal window to
get Gnome.  It will download a bunch of packages, possibly asking you if
you want to download extra packages to meet dependencies.  You should
answer yes to any such questions.

After that, you will need to change your .xinitrc to call "gnome-session"
instead of BlackBox.

Good luck,
-Daniel Westermann-Clark