>Do you have oaf-0.6.10-2 ?  If so then it seems strange that
>oaf-config returns a version of 0.6.8.  I've got 0.6.10-2 and
>oaf-config returns the correct version info.  If you are at 0.6.10-1
>then maybe try updating oaf by itself, and if you are at 0.6.10-2 try
>rebuilding it.

OK, OAF rebuilt happily but there still seems to be confusion about the version:

[fink rebuild oaf]
[fink build gnome-vfs]
checking for oaf-config... /sw/bin/oaf-config
checking for OAF - version >= 0.2.0...
*** 'oaf-config --version' returned 0.6.8, but OAF (0.6.10)
*** was found! If oaf-config was correct, then it is best
*** to remove the old version of OAF. You may also be able to fix the error
*** by modifying your LD_LIBRARY_PATH enviroment variable, or by editing
*** /etc/ld.so.conf. Make sure you have run ldconfig if that is
*** required on your system.
*** If oaf-config was wrong, set the environment variable OAF_CONFIG
*** to point to the correct copy of oaf-config, and remove the file config.cache
*** before re-running configure
no
configure: error: OAF not found or too old
### execution of ./configure failed, exit code 1
Failed: compiling gconf-1.0.9-1 failed
[219 ~/Desktop]% oaf-config --version
0.6.8
[220 ~/Desktop]% fink list oaf
Information about 1328 packages read in 3 seconds.

(i)  oaf              0.6.10-2     Object Activation Framework
 i   oaf-dev          0.6.10-2     Object Activation Framework
 i   oaf-shlibs       0.6.10-2     Object Activation Framework

Is there an old version lurking somewhere I need to delete?

Cheers
--
All stressed out, and no one to choke