My understanding is that some packages that were built on 10.1 don't
work on 10.2 .  The fink team doesn't want to have any broken binaries
in the distro, so they either have to evaluate all of the old 10.1
binaries, or build 10.2 one.  I think they went with the latter route.

On Thu, 2002-10-17 at 01:34, Marc Boxerman wrote:
> I've heard much discussion that no binaries have been compiled to run
> under Jaguar and that those of us running 10.2 must download and
> compile source code.  I'm a bit confused by this because I did an
> archive and install from 10.1.5 to 10.2 and the old binaries run just
> fine:  Window Maker, GIMP, XMMS, Eterm -- they all work just as before.
>
> I'm considering upgrading my Fink install for 10.2 as recommended, but
> nothing appears to be broken, so why mess with it?
>

> Marc

Alexander K. Hansen
Associate Research Scientist, Columbia University
visiting MIT Plasma Science and Fusion Center
Levitated Dipole Experiment
175 Albany Street, NW17-219
Cambridge, MA  02139-4213