Hi,

Sorry if this gets posted twice...

I'm just trying to get my head around this whole Fink/UNIX thing...

I think I have installed fink correctly.

When I open the terminal and type <fink install mysql <return>> I get a mass of gibberish for about 15 mins and I'm happily sitting there thinking 'this is too easy...'

Sure enough... at the end of everything I get the following error:
<Please submit a full bug report,
See <URL:http://developer.apple.com/bugreporter> for instructions.
make[3]: *** [sql_parse.o] Error 1
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make: *** [all-recursive-am] Error 2
### execution of make failed, exit code 2
Failed: compiling mysql-3.23.53-1 failed>

Same thing installing 'joe':
<Please submit a full bug report,
See <URL:http://developer.apple.com/bugreporter> for instructions.
make[1]: *** [undo.o] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 2
### execution of make failed, exit code 2
Failed: compiling joe-2.9.8-pre1-2 failed>

Can some kind person help me past this? Must be something fundamental somewhere...

I'm afraid I am to the command line what a walrus is to ballroom dancing... but I want to learn.

Many thanks

Simon

Simon Martin
London Uk