Right you are, I installed gnu-darwin on that "troubled" system and broke all sorts of things--the other system didn't have enough disk space for gnu-darwin (thank goodness). I thought that by reinstalling the OS and Developer Tools it would fix it, but it looks like there is still some problems. I even downloaded libxml2 binaries and tried that, but it didn't help with the fink install. I think that it is looking for the latest version which isn't available in binary form yet.

In any case, I'll rebuild those packages, download the December Developer tools and report back when (if?) it is working.

--Dan