Hi!

I successfully substituted fink's threaded-xfree with Apple's X11, and individual X11 applications seem to work OK. I also normally perform a "fink selfupdate-cvs" and a "sudo apt-get update" twice a day.

I'm now trying to install lyx. The thing is gv refuses to compile very early in the configuration process (something about a button).

When I try to install the lyx binary, it refuses because it needs gv and libxine, and libxine in turn depends upon threaded xfree:
---
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
You might want to run `apt-get -f install' to correct these:
libxine: Depends: xfree86-base-threaded-shlibs but it is not installable
Depends: xfree86-rootless-threaded-shlibs but it is not installable
lyx: Depends: gv but it is not going to be installed
E: Unmet dependencies. Try 'apt-get -f install' with no packages (or specify a solution).
---

However, I have libxine installed:
---
i libxine 0.9.13-3 Xine video/media player library
i libxine-shlibs 0.9.13-3 Xine video/media player library
---

What can I do in order to have a working lyx? Is it not possible for now the combination lyx/Apple's X11?

Thanks in advance,

Ramiro Téllez Sanz
[EMAIL PROTECTED]