Hi

I want to compile an object file with static linking.

However, the DevTools help says this:

-static
On systems that support dynamic linking, this prevents linking with the shared libraries. On other systems, this option has no effect.

This option will not work on Mac OS X unless all of your libraries (including libgcc.a ) have also been compiled with -static .

I assume libpng was compiled via fink.

How would I recompile libpng using fink (fink rebuild libpng, plus...?)?

This is what I have on my system

% fink list libpng
Information about 2059 packages read in 11 seconds.

i libpng 1.0.12-6 PNG image format handling library
i libpng-shlibs 1.0.12-6 PNG image format handling library
libpng3 1.2.5-2 PNG image format handling library
i libpng3-shlibs 1.2.5-2 PNG image format handling library

I want to do this to solve this problem:

/var/tmp//ccEWBKXc.s:5797:FATAL:incompatible feature used: directive .non_lazy_symbol_pointer (must specify "-dynamic" to be used)
make: *** [src/pngwriter-osx.o] Error 1

which is the last line in a compilation of my code. I am assuming it is due to what was said in the DevTools help.

Thanks.

Paul