On Thursday, May 29, 2003, at 01:27 AM, individual wrote:

Hi.

Last week I installed pure-ftpd, yet, as will be explained below, certain things were apparently not compiled in. I emailed the package maintainer a few days ago, since I think one would need a certain familiarity with this particular package to know if there was something not working too well with the compile script. I have not recieved a reply yet, so I have decided to ask here. Perhaps this is more suited to a pure-ftpd list; if so, tell me and I will turn to them.

As usual, after sending the mail the issue gets fixed. What I did was this: fink remove, fink rebuild, fink install. Previously I hadn't done fink remove. But it is interesting that I had to add all the configure script's compile flags explicitly, when --with-everything should have worked.

Paul