Hi,
    I wasn't able to use my old version of fink as I'm behind a firewall.  Even after configuring my proxy server address, I wasn't succesfull.  I got the feeling that the version was also unstable as it was trying to catch up with the OS X 10.2 recent release.

So, to be sure that the problem doesn't come from that side, I want to start all over again with the latest version of fink.  I've read somewhere that just deleting the "/sw" subdirectory would suffice.  This is also a standard UNIX directory which might contain usefull if not essential stuff.

Thanks in advance...