Thanks Brian, I wasn't aware of that site.  Will give it a try.  Anyone
with any Fink experience using this printer?

Fran

-----Original Message-----
From: Brian M [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, June 16, 2003 12:24 PM
To: Francis Maier
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [Fink-beginners] Epson printer

Although this is a fink mailing list I thought it best to mention that
you don't have to use fink.
See http://gimp-print.sourceforge.net/MacOSX.php3    Your printer is
noted as 'fully supported.'
Regular OSX installers available - pretty straightforward.
If you _want_ to use fink I believe you can.
I will defer to someone more knowledgeable for instructions....
Brian

On Monday, June 16, 2003, at 01:56  PM, Francis Maier wrote:

> I have an Epson Stylus Color 850 printer that works with OS 9.2.2, but
> not (obviously) with OS 10.2.6.  It connects to the serial printer
port
> on my beige G3, and OSX won't recognize it.
>
> Has anyone made this sort of printer work with Linux packages via
Fink?