Folks,

Followup to my gnome questions of yesterday.

My initial problem was that, in using blackbox, I revised my .xinitrc
file to read

exec blackbox

and XDarwin then started up fine in blackbox.  So I then revised my
.xinitrc file to read:

# exec blackbox

exec gnome-session

so XDarwin would start up in gnome.  But XDarwin just quits, kicking me
back into Aqua, and I can't get into gnome.  So I then went into
terminal and typed

sudo startx -- -quartz

and here's the result:

Last login: Sat Jun 21 07:12:44 on ttyp1
Welcome to Darwin!
[Francis-X-Maiers-Computer:~] franx% sudo startx -- -quartz
Password:

2003-06-21 07:21:40.501 XDarwin[1589]
XDarwin 1.1.1.1
Running in parallel with Mac OS X Quartz window server.

This is a pre-release version of XFree86, and is not supported in any
way.  Bugs may be reported to [EMAIL PROTECTED] and patches submitted
to [EMAIL PROTECTED]  Before reporting bugs in pre-release versions,
please check the latest version in the XFree86 CVS repository
(http://www.XFree86.Org/cvs)

XFree86 Version 4.2.1.1 / X Window System
Release Date: 18 October 2002
        If the server is older than 6-12 months, or if your hardware is
        newer than the above date, look for a newer version before
        reporting problems.  (See http://www.XFree86.Org/FAQ)
Operating System: Darwin
Using keymapping provided in /System/Library/Keyboards/USA.keymapping.
Display mode: Full screen Quartz
Screen 0 added: 1024x768 @ (0,0)
cat: /Users/franx/.Xauthority: No such file or directory

Gdk-WARNING **: locale not supported by C library
SESSION_MANAGER=local/Francis-X-Maiers-Computer.local.:/tmp/.ICE-unix/15
91

Gdk-WARNING **: locale not supported by C library

Gdk-WARNING **: locale not supported by C library

Gdk-WARNING **: locale not supported by C library

Gdk-WARNING **: locale not supported by C library
using device Built-in audio controller for output:
        with sample rate 44100.000000, 2 channels and 32-bit sample
using device Built-in audio controller for input:
        with sample rate 44100.000000, 2 channels and 32-bit sample

Gdk-WARNING **: locale not supported by C library
Gnome-Message: gnome_execute_async_with_env_fds: returning -1

Gdk-WARNING **: locale not supported by C library

Gdk-WARNING **: locale not supported by C library

Gdk-WARNING **: locale not supported by C library

Gdk-WARNING **: locale not supported by C library

Gdk-WARNING **: locale not supported by C library

Gdk-WARNING **: locale not supported by C library

Gdk-WARNING **: locale not supported by C library

The XDarwin panel then comes up and I can click full screen and go into
gnome. butt I still can't get into gnome directly from an XDarwin
application startup.

Any ideas?