At 1:43 PM +1000 7/23/03, John Sandeman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Like you I have tried to update Lilypond and have gone through fink update cvs etc OK. But I had already updated the developer tools with the gcc3.3 update.

The problem is that when I try "sudo gcc-select 3", I am told that that command does not exist. Going ahead with the update anyway has produced the lilypond error although the other packages seem to have gone through OK.

Any idea of what I am missing as far as the gcc-select 3 command is concerned?

'sudo gcc_select 3' not 'sudo gcc-select 3' (picky-picky:-)

Meanwhile, Han-Wen Nienhuys, one of lilypond's developers, wrote me two days ago that the multi-string literal problem was addressed in the 1.7 series (which doesn't exist as a fink package) and further, that series 1.8 is to be released in a week. I've passed this on to Matthias Neeracher, lilypond's fink-package maintainer; he says he will make a fink package out of lilypond 1.8.

Best regards,

Jonathan