Bobby Tehranian wrote:

Hi all,

I was wondering if someone can help me out with a little problem.  I am
running fink on 10.3 using Mac's X11 (X11user.pkg), have installed
developers.mpkg including x11sdk.pkg.  I have also used fink to install
Ethereal (from the source).  If I call ethereal from a regular user account,
I can run it fine.  However if I run it as root, I get the following error
"Gtk-WARNING **: cannot open display".  I have checked PATH for both regular
user and root; they are identical.  Is there anything that I am missing??

What about the DISPLAY environment variable? Set it to ":0" for root, too.

--
Martin