I am trying to figure out how to install new packages.
I thought id start with 'xinvaders' and i typed 'fink
install xinvaders'
I was asked to choose from 3 options for xfree86 - i
chose 3 basically because I didnt know which was most
appropriate.
it seemed to work and looked as though something was
downloading(?) But it took a long time for the counter
reduce- after 3 hours it hadnt finished - is this
right? i quit the terminal.

I havent installed x11- when i tried it said 'failed
no version history available for x11'

So far i have developer tools, fink, and xfree86
distribution.

Can anyone point me in the right direction please!?