><[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:
>> I am installing 'pymol' but it fails with the message below.
[within contrib/]
>> cd modules;make
>> gcc  -DNDEBUG -g -O3 -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -I/sw/include/python2.3
>> -I/sw/include/python2.3 @DEFS@ -I/sw/include  -c ././ExtensionClass.c
>> -o ./ExtensionClass.o
>> gcc: cannot specify -o with -c or -S and multiple compilations
>
> Looks like @DEFS@ isn't being properly substituted.

Okay, it appears the problem is that the Depends for pymol all mention
python2.2-specific things and AFAICT building this pacakge really does
require python2.2, but then during the compile it uses whatever python
/sw/bin/python is, which could be (as on your system) python2.3.

I'm cc-ing the package maintainer to see if he feels like fixing this,
or wants me to.

dan

--
Daniel Macks