I have, in theory, installed GnuCash 1.8 using fink into Mac OS X 10.3.
Owing to the fact that I cannot find the path to where the gnucash executable lives, I suspect that the installation has not been successful.

There are several questions asked of me at the onset of the installation. Of which there are several disparate packages that may be selected. I can find no documentation that gives explicit detail as to which packages to select from the alternatives presented. As there would be 1000's of permutations of the various packages given the number of packages to select from, trial and error is not an option.

Therefore, can you point me to a FAQ which details this selection process?

Also, assuming I have properly installed the GnuCash package (1.8), where is it?? Find file wont locate it. It is not in /sw/bin. There is no /opt directory... I am drawing a lot of blanks over here and have been trying to install this for a day and a half. It is now a battle of will.

Can you lend any advice or assitance?\

Bryan "Beau" Grant
President - Brokerage Division
Dargan, Woodside, & Maddox