On Apr 24, 2004, at 11:24 PM, Chris Farrugia wrote:

Hey fink users,

I installed fink today while logged on as my normal user account "Chris".  I went in and installed Gaim, irssi, gtetrinet, you know... the essentials.  At any rate, I can go into normal terminal and run irssi and it pops up jsut fine.  However, the X apps are a different story.  I installed the version of X that came with Panther and the developer sdk from the xcode CD.  I also ran system update and both are fully updated.  When I run X and the xterm pops up, if I type gaim, nothing happens.  However, if I manually go to the /sw/bin directory, I can type ./gaim and it will appear.  However, when it appears, its just two blank text boxes with no text or graphics or anything.  Anybody ever have this problem?  Any ideas on how I could fix it?

Thanks in advance!
-Chris

http://fink.sourceforge.net/faq/usage-fink.php#fink-not-found

The relevant part for your situation is the second paragraph.

--
Alexander K. Hansen
Fink Documentarian